Do you think it would be a better way for nominees to move staked $MANTA between different validators without having to wait 7 days to unstake?

Currently, as a nominator, I want to transfer the staked $MANTA from one validator to another, and I have to unstake it first, which requires waiting for 7 days, and then staking it to the new validator, which need to wait almost 24 hours again, I think it’s unreasonable. We can do like Astar Network, if I don’t want to stake, I need to wait 7 days, but if I just want to change the validator, it should switch immediately and continue to receive rewards, do you think this is a better way?

29 Likes

100% better. At least when kicked out of top 100 - “redelegating” or moving staked tokens to another Collator should be allowed. Then the 18-Hour rule before receiving 1st rewards should kick in.

Waiting 7 days just to unstake and restake is way too long

7 Likes

I think that’s a fair ask. Thanks for bringing this up.

2 Likes

Suggesting as you’ve said would fluctuate the APY tremendously. Unless if you switched to another validator, you would need to wait a set number of rounds (6 hour periods) in order to gain rewards to prevent misuse.

3 Likes

yea, just let it be 18 hours.
Better than waiting 7 days at least

3 Likes

My validator is not active for longer while already. It would be nice to have an option to redelegate

3 Likes

Yes.
I don’t like the way ‘stake’ working right now.
7 days to unstake.
If I stake, I have to be in 100 delegators.

Don’t know how it is working for and why?

1 Like

At a minimum, I think stakers who are close to the minimum stake should not be penalized by having to wait 7 days for falling out of their respective staking pool. These are regular people, likely folks who have somewhat limited funds or at least are not whales, who are trying to secure the network and gain APY on top of that stake.

The fact that those with higher amounts staked are continuously rewarded and those closer to the threshold have this delay imposed regardless of their staking situation is truly an unfair advantage. I believe the 7 day unstaking period should continue to exist for those in active staking state that are still gaining yield from their stake. But if you fall out of the top 100 and you aren’t gaining yield, what is the point / benefit of you securing the network in the first place?

I feel like there could be a few potential solutions to this issue, and forgive my ignorance if I am not getting something completely. Some ideas…

1. Prevent > 100 delegators per collator. I don’t understand why this is even allowed. It feels like this just boosts the APY for those within the top 100, and the bottom 50 are screwed over. Horrible staking mechanics here IMO.

2. Allow for immediate unstaking (either automated or manual) if you fall out of the top 100. If you are a delegator and you want to secure the network and gain yield for securing the network, you should not be penalized to wait 7 days like the rest of the folks actually gaining yield. Allowing whales to continue to reap the benefits while those with smaller stakes not only don’t gain yield, but are penalized with the same unstaking period is literally programmed wealth inequality creation. Say you’re the little fish not earning yield and you wait your 7 days to unstake, redelegate to another collator, and then a few days later the minimum stake on that collator exceeds your stake, and then you have to do the same thing all over again? Unsustainable.

Is there a reason why each collator is bound to 150 delegators, or why everyone can’t earn yield? Can the APY be further spread across the delegators, or the # of delegators be capped so everyone can earn yield?

5 Likes

In fact, I think the restriction that only the top 100 out of 150 can get benefits should be removed. I think every $MANTA token that is staked should have the same right to get benefits, every $MANTA. But I don’t think They will do this.

2 Likes

Is there a legitimate reason that not every staker should receive yield? Many other platforms / chains either don’t have minimum stake requirements (especially those that don’t keep shifting), and that yield is provided to stakers regardless of the amount staked. This will objectively either turn people away from the platform, or create a community of whale stakers which will concentrate liquidity into fewer hands and risk the decentralization of the chain.

3 Likes

Yes 100% agree we should be able to redelegate directly

1 Like

yep would be nice definitively

1 Like

ye of cours would be better. some new validators at 100% now and i’m sitting at 45% :smiley:

1 Like

yes it would help alot because some of us cant afford to buy more and have to wait 7 days and also after restaking they could hesitate to stake again because of this.

1 Like

there is no doubt. changing validator without 7 day waiting would be great solution

1 Like

We should just change collator’s unstake period to 14 days instead 7 and when collator unstakes notify all current pool stakers and give them opportunity to switch pool without 7day unstake penalty

1 Like

Sounds better for us, but I’m not sure if PoS works that way technically.

1 Like

it’s high at the start, then goes down and stabilizes. At the start, less stakers and less tokens locked.

As time goes by, when more and more collators come in and more people stake, I’d expect APR to go down to between 10-20% - which is still good tbh. I am definitely staking for the long run, but we do need some more projects on Atlantic, currently we have less than 10 protocols on Atlantic which makes using the network not too attractive

1 Like

Yes I agree. I think if there is no actual need for setting up the 7-day withdrawal period, it should definitely be shortened so as to maximize the efficiency of fund deployment for the stakers

1 Like

nop not possible…limited number of ppl can earn frm manta staking…look at TIA staking theres too much saturation that minimum amount for airdrop is 100TIA now. I think only top 5k shud earn the rewards frm manta staking