Proposal to Adjust Minimum Bonding Requirements for Collators to Enhance Network Security and Promote Decentralization

Introduction:

As an ardent supporter of Manta Network ($MANTA), I have observed the progressive increase in the minimum staking amount for $MANTA since its inception. Currently, the requirement stands at over 1700 $MANTA. While this reflects the growing interest and value in our network, it also presents a pivotal moment to reassess our staking dynamics, particularly concerning the role and accessibility for collators within the network.

Proposal:

I propose a governance motion to consider the reduction of the minimum bonded $MANTA necessary to become a collator. The primary objective of this adjustment is to encourage broader participation, enhance the decentralization of the network, and reinforce its security and stability. By lowering the entry barrier for potential collators, Manta Network can achieve a more distributed and resilient node infrastructure.

Rationale:

1. Network Security and Stability: A higher number of collators, facilitated by reduced staking requirements, can contribute to a more secure and robust network. This diversification can mitigate the risks associated with centralization and ensure uninterrupted service and reliability.
  2. Encouraging Decentralization: Decentralization is at the core of blockchain’s ethos. Lowering the minimum staking requirement embodies this principle by allowing more participants to contribute as collators, fostering a truly distributed and community-driven network.
  3. Inclusivity and Community Growth: Reducing the entry threshold will enable a broader section of the $MANTA community to participate actively in the network’s operation and governance. This inclusiveness can spur community growth, innovation, and a stronger sense of ownership among members.
  4. Balancing Profit with Network Health: While the appreciation in $MANTA’s value is beneficial for stakeholders, the health and security of the network should be the paramount consideration. Adjusting staking requirements can strike a balance between individual profit motives and the collective well-being of the Manta Network.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, the proposed adjustment to the minimum staking requirements for collators is aimed at fortifying the Manta Network’s infrastructure, promoting decentralization, and fostering a more inclusive and robust community. This proposal aligns with our shared vision of making $MANTA not just a platform for profit, but a symbol of innovation, security, and community strength in the layer 2 ecosystem.

I put forward this proposal for consideration by the $MANTA community, believing in our collective commitment to the network’s growth and excellence. Let’s continue to support $MANTA, its dedicated team, and our vibrant community as we strive to set new benchmarks in the cryptocurrency space.

22 Likes

This just my thought LMK what you guys think

7 Likes

I completely agree, where’s the consideration for the wider community who have been supporting Manta through Paradigm. You have to understand everyone comes from different circumstances and unable to meet the outrageous minimum staking requirements. This is not inclusive. Please spread the word.

7 Likes

I agree. @onyx_7 what is your suggested amount?

5 Likes

我质押manta 刚才发现在100名以外,我是不是就没有奖励,那我现在可以换别的质押点,如果提取在重新质押时间太久了

5 Likes

completely agree. need to ramp up decentralization here.
the min staking amount is too ridiculous for smaller holders. This is not what DeFi should be about

7 Likes

Agree! It should be changed.

4 Likes

yes, the requirements are outrageous. Hope they will do something. Happy to see that other people thinks the same

5 Likes

I think they should bring it down slowly so that we can see at what amount we will get the optimal number of collators to support the network so that we are not hurting potential profit and speed.

3 Likes

Good point, I like this competitive gameplay with the current staking model, however you are right about decentralization and inclusivity.

4 Likes

Completely agree. This should be something that everyone who wants to support manta can participate in, we shouldn’t shut them out even if they don’t have a large holding.

4 Likes

Have checked back today. Good thing is I see new validator/collators joining in. More decentralization = Good.
However, I do agree they should still lower the min manta to be staked. 500 tokens is still a lot especially if $MANTA price increases in the future!

3 Likes

I agree maximum token staket to

3 Likes